Friday, May 02, 2008

Calming words

Things took a turn for the worse last night. My right arm fell asleep, and would not wake up. I made a plaster of spit and coffee grounds. I sat and watched the morning news shows. Then the show where the lady sits and gets fit. I went to the basement and got an old metal folding chair that has "O'Dea High School" stencilled on the back, brought it upstairs, and did the exercises with her.

There's one exercise where she fills up a dutch oven with hot water, and raises and lowers it over her head. Then she lies down on a weight-lifting bench, and stretches her arms to the floor to pick up the pot that way. She put the pot on the floor first.

I had a dutch oven, but I didn't have any hot water. So I put a ferret in the pot, and lifted that. I had to strap the lid down with duct tape.

My arm's a bit better. This morning, the bus driver said, "Bad arm's no problem! That'll get fixed up soon enough!" It's still a little sore, though.

No comments: