Friday, May 02, 2008

Out of a jam

Wow! Was that ever close. The hair on my right calf is a little singed, but otherwise, I'm fine. Are you doing okay? You should have seen the look on your face! Like you stuck your face in a flour cannister. Not that your head is small enough to actually fit into a flour cannister. Now that I look at it, though, you have a pretty big head. I'd be surprised if you could get an ear in any container smaller than one of those half-whiskey-barrels they sell at hardware stores this time of year. I've often thought, when I saw one of those whiskey barrels, "That's a lot of booze!" and I ask the guy working out there in front where they sell the whiskey barrels and wheel barrows, "Hey! You got any of these that actually come with whiskey in them? Ha ha!" And he just kind of smiles, and backs away from my finger as I poke him in the chest.

Now that I look at you again, it's actually starting to turn red and swell a bit. You should really get that checked out.

No comments: